Skip to content
Call us on: 01604 60 95 60

Get in touch

In need of legal advice? Leave us a message, we’d love to hear from you!

    X Close


    What documents do I need to find after someone has died?

    If the person who has died was living alone in a private home, someone should go to the home on the day of the death to look for papers relating to insurance of the person’s home and its contents, preferably the home and contents policy itself. (See the section on insurance.)

    If you believe that the person who has died wanted to donate organs for transplant or to donate his or her body for medical research, also look for:

    • Buildings insurance policy details;
    • An organ donor card;
    • A consent form.

    A comprehensive article on this and related issues can be found here on our website by following this link.

    Back To Top