Corporate and Commercial Law
Our corporate and commercial law team advises businesses of all kinds including public & private companies, partnerships and sole traders. We also advise start-ups, management teams, investors, debt providers, insolvency practitioners, directors and shareholders.
Our Northampton based experts advise clients in the following areas:
- Buying and selling companies & businesses – shares or assets?
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins – private equity & buyouts explained
- Private equity investment
- Banking and finance
- Director and shareholder issues – what are directors’ duties?
- Joint ventures – what is a joint venture?
- Share options – more about share options
- Restructuring, including solvent reconstructions & pre-pack sales & purchases
- Partnerships and LLPs – what is an LLP?
- Commercial agreements: agency & distribution – which is more appropriate?
- Terms of trading – why use standard terms?
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark protection
- Franchising – What is a franchise?
- Domain name protection
Click here for a flavour of the transactions the team has recently advised on.