skip to Main Content
Call us on: 01604 60 95 60


What can I claim for?

You will be entitled to damages for suffering the injury itself.  These are called ‘General Damages’ and are calculated by reference to a specific set of guidelines which the courts and other solicitors use. We also consider previous cases when assessing the value of your claim.

You may also claim for your actual financial losses to date and future losses. These are called ‘Special Damages’ and they can include the following:

  • Loss of Earnings
  • Damage to property and possessions
  • Vehicle Damage
  • Prescriptions, medical fees and therapy
  • Care provided by friend and relatives
  • Assistance with household chores
  • Aids and equipment
  • Transport costs, including the cost of a hire car if necessary
  • Travelling expenses

If the effects of your injury are likely to be long term, you can claim for any reasonable care or medical treatment you need in the future. If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may also be able to claim for your future loss of earnings.

Any claims need to be documented by evidence such as receipts, tickets, wage slips, independent confirmation of lost earnings, tax records etc.

If you are in any doubt over what items you may claim for, discuss it with us.

Back To Top