skip to Main Content
Call us on: 01604 60 95 60


Can I get legal aid if Social Services are planning to remove my child?

Child Protection procedures usually require Local Authorities to meet with parents to set out their concerns in case Court proceedings can be avoided.  Persons with parental responsibility are entitled to free legal help to attend such meetings.  There is no means test.

If or when the case proceeds to Court on an application for either a care order or emergency protection order once again free legal aid is available to persons with parental responsibility.  There is no means test.

Parents can be separately represented if there is a likely conflict of interest between them (e.g. it is not clear which of two parents caused an injury, or if the parents are separated and each hopes for the return of the child).

Back To Top