Whoever registers the death should take to the register office:
- the medical certificate from the doctor;
- the persons full name at date of death;
- any names previously used, eg, maiden name;
- the person’s date and place of birth;
- their occupation;
- their last address;
- name, date of birth and occupation of the person’s spouse (including a same-sex spouse for marriages on or after 13 March 2014) or civil partner (whether living or dead); and
- information about any state benefits the person was receiving.
A comprehensive article on this and related issues can be found here on our website by following this link.