skip to Main Content
Call us on: 01604 60 95 60


Can Social Services remove my child into care, and if so on what grounds?

If Social Services consider that a child is at risk of significant harm, or has suffered significant harm, they can apply to the Court for a care order.  If granted, this enables Social Services to share parental responsibility with the parent and decide where the child should live and how often he or she should see the parents.

In exceptional circumstances the Local Authority can apply (sometimes without prior notice) for an emergency protection order which has a similar effect.

Back To Top
×Close search